A diagnostician willing to serve the Northwest Texas Shared Service Arrangement for special education services. NWTSSA proudly serves ten school districts: Adrian, Channing, Gruver, Hartley, Stratford, Sunray, Texhoma, Texline, Vega, and Wildorado. The home office is based at Sunray ISD in Sunray, Texas. The diagnostician would be assigned to certain districts/campuses served by NWTSSA.
The diagnostician will assess the educational abilities, learning styles, and program needs of students referred for special education services and re-evaluate those who are currently served when required. They will work collaboratively with instructional personnel to provide the most appropriate instructional programs for student with disabilities.
- Select and administer formal and informal assessments to determine eligibility for special education services according to federal and Texas Education Agency regulations.
- Compile and evaluate comprehensive student information including classroom observations; personal interviews with student(s), teacher(s), and others; and relevant assessment data from the student’s cumulative folder. Consult with parental figures and teachers concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data.
- Provide support and training for teachers, staff and parental figures to address and manage children with challenging behaviors.
- Work directly with students, school staff members, and parental figures to support behavioral and academic growth.
- Participate in Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) Committee meetings to assist with interpretation of assessment data, appropriate placement, and development of an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for students according to district procedures and regulations.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Summarize/write reports regarding students following evaluations and presenting the information to those in need to know in a manner that they are able to fully understand
- Analyze transfer student’s IEPs from other states/school districts
- Compile and interpret data from multiple sources
- Seek out and attend conferences/trainings to remain knowledgeable and up to date in their area of expertise
- Master’s Degree in Educational Evaluation/Assessment
- Valid Texas Teaching Certificate
- Valid Texas Educational Diagnostician Certificate
- Knowledge of diagnostic procedures, education of special education students with a wide variety of disabilities, knowledge of human development, and knowledge of learning theories and best practices
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local laws, guidelines, procedures; including special education
- Ability to assess students with a variety of needs
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in effectively supporting a classroom and student behavior(s)
- Skilled in working in collaborative team-based environments
- Skilled in working with technology including but not limited to: email, internet, word processing, Esped/Frontline, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and sensitivity to the impact of diversity issues as related to student achievement and mental and behavioral health
- Willingness to travel to all districts served through NWTSSA
- Remain calm in stressful moments while defusing situations where a party of the ARD meeting is in disagreement
- Ability to effectively state why changes in a child’s educational program are necessary for growth
- Knowledge of transition services and preparation
- Valid Texas Drivers License
- Ability to commute daily
- Willingness and ability to drive to provide services/support to any of the 10 districts in our SSA (see list of districts in description) as needed or on a regular basis from your home and/or assigned office district- mileage to be paid from your office district- SSA coverage includes districts form I-40 to the New Mexico/Oklahoma borders (6 counties: Dallam, Sherman, Hansford, Hartley, Moore, and Oldham)
- Reliable personal transportation
Kacie Kaake, Special Education Director
Phone: 806-948-1188 Fax: 806-948-5274
PO Box 240, Sunray, Tx. 79086